Death



I received a sad call this week from a family friend .One of my grandmother's oldest friends went to be with The Lord. She went to sleep and never woke up .She was 99 a few months short of her 100th birthday.  As I spoke to the mutual friend, of both our families, I struggled to find some profound spiritual words. C.S Lewis wrote a whole book on the topic of grief and lost. Where were the powerful words and scriptures about eternity. The rousing speech on God's power and love in this moment. My own grief and humanness left me with few words. I spoke a few words of comfort and support but nothing else. 

  Death is a thief even when you are 99. In this pandemic this was not the first death of someone I have known. I like many have lost loved ones both family and friends. God spoke many times on death in the bible, but there are 2 main promises in scripture  First, everyone dies because sin is part of fallen humanity.  Second, Jesus offers hope for eternity and a future physical rebirth.  Romans 6:13 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.  NKJ (New King James )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Important word in the Bible "GRACE"

Christmas ?

Jesus is your Security Blanket