Good Friday And Resurrection Sunday




     Good friday The day Jesus Christ was beaten and lead to the cross. He voluntarily went to the cross.  He said in John 10:18 “No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” KJV Why ?, Because as John the Baptist said in John 1:29 "The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! He went to be the sacrificial Lamb a blood offering for the sins of humanity. 


     He spoke 7 saying: 1. Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34 2. Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise. Luke 23:43 to the thief. 3. Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother John 19:26-27 to Mary his mother. 4. My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 5. I thirst. John 19:28 6. It is finished. (From the Greek "Tetelestai") John 19:30 7. Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit. Luke 23:46. Millions of services will commemorate them around the world on Good friday. 


     The Word "It is finished" signaled that the sacrificial work of the lamb was complete. Paul wrote Romans 5: 8."But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him." KJV.  Easter sunday or, Resurrection Sunday, in some churches, is the day Jesus rose from the dead. The grave could not hold him because the power of death from sin was broken. Paul writes to explain how all true Christians will one day be raised. in 1 Corinthians 15: 54  "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? " Easter sunday is a celebration of the completed work of the Lamb and the victory over the penalty of death from sin. First, Spiritual death when a person is accepts Jesus as savior and Lord they are born agian . Last; physical death one day when  those in Christ are resurrected like Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Important word in the Bible "GRACE"

Dear loved ones

Christmas ?