MOTHERS'S DAY



  Another Mother's day is about to arrive. In the past, this day held far more importance to me because it was a chance to celebrate and show my love and appreciation to my mother, Grandmother and aunts. The females who help influence my life in so many positive ways. This year I had  no idea the day was so close until a friend sent a text of a Mothers day gift to their mother.  I loss my mother to a nasty fatal disease which stole years and possibly decades of time from us. The day is bitter sweet filled with memories and the hope that in Christ we shall meet again. No more flowers, chocolates,or gifts to buy.  I know many other who have also loss their parents. They faced that loss at different ages from teen to elderly. For most Mother's day and Father's day,like other holidays on the calendar, are a remainder that eternity is very close. As said in Psalm 39:4-5 “Lord, make me to know my end, And what is the measure of my days, That I may know how frail I am. 5 Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my age is as nothing before You;Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor." NKJV

John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist movement, was told in a letter from his mother  "Take this rule: whatever weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off your relish of spiritual things; in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind, that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself."-- Susanna Wesley (Letter, June 8, 1725). Wise words that i am sure reflect jsut a small portion of what she taught her son. 

Do not waste one moment of time with your living mothers, Grandmothers,aunts or any importnat females in your life on this or any day. For those who just have memories take sometime to remember those now gone. If they accepted  Jesus and were in Christ; then hold to the hope that a reunion is coming. God's Word says in  1 Thessalonians 4: 13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words."NKJV

    Paul writing to the Thessalonians never says do not have sorrow or grieve, but  do not do it with no hope, and then also to  " comfort one another."  To quote a secular source like Paul did on Mars Hill-   "I’ve never experienced loss because I’ve never had a loved one to lose. But what is grief, if not love persevering?”- Android artificial human vision from the TV show WandavsionSo if tears and smiles make up part of your Mothers day it is not a sin it is human.


 Happy Mothers day to my dear Mother ,Grandmother and Aunts until we meet again. 


By SSligh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Important word in the Bible "GRACE"

Dear loved ones

Christmas ?