Power of Lament - SERMON

                                                   Power of lament in the life of a believer


Sermon highlights

2 people committed suicide - Not big News

What could happen on his yesterday he felt today Thier no hope for tomorrow

How many are suffering in silence

Because opening up means have your calling called into question


We find David in  Psalm 13 -

13 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

6 I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

King James Version


Psalm 13  

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?

    How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts

    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?

    How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, Lord my God.

    Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

4 and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”

    and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;

    my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing the Lord’s praise,

    for he has been good to me.

NIV


It can feel like that - Stormy seas

I Have been there 

Saints who are weary of well doing


Peter says: in 1 Peter 4: 12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

and James says :

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.King James Version


But Keep it real it can be hard to remember that !


David is seen in verse 2 lamenting

Daily means every day-  Perhaps we wanted to cry out

But somewhere we were taught good Christians do not cry

This Psalm of lament not only says it is ok but God desires it

God loves you and so do I HE WOULD Rather listen to your lament than your eulogy

God not bothered when come with problems only bothered when you don't

Crying is cathartic

People say are you going to cry about it or do something

I'm going to do both!


Lament to trust 

God may not always calm the storm- But calm you instead!

The triune God is the panacea

Tap into power of lament 


LINK to Sermon only:

https://rumble.com/v2xd0ew-power-of-lament-sermon.html


Full service 

https://www.facebook.com/gethsemane.baptistchurchbx/videos/1012999353160528


Lesson taught by  Minister POET Hall of Gethsemane Missionary Baptist Church


SSligh blog creator/moderator/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Important word in the Bible "GRACE"

Dear loved ones

Christmas ?